Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tau at BFS Roumd 2

Round 2 I'm looking at the people who have won and I'm only really afraid of descent of angel's lists. So of course I pulled Simon Leen, a good friend of mine and a great player and his DoA list. At least I knew this game would be fun!

HQ
BS4 HQ (shas'el) w/plasma, missile, multi tracker, 2 gun drones, black sun filter.
Shas'el w/plasma, missile, multi tracker.
2 bodyguards 2 Crisis with TL-missiles, targeting arrays (BS4 as well), team leader w/ a gun drone.

2 Crisis with TL-missiles, targeting arrays, team leader w/ a gun drone.
2 Crisis with TL-missiles, targeting arrays, team leader w/ a gun drone.
2 Crisis with TL-missiles, targeting arrays, team leader w/ a gun drone.

6 FCW in Devilfish w/Disruption Pod
6 FCW in Devilfish w/Disruption Pod
10 Kroot
10 Kroot
10 Kroot

Piranha w/fusion, targeting array, disruption pod
Piranha w/fusion, targeting array, disruption pod
Piranha w/fusion, targeting array, disruption pod

Hammerhead w/rail, 2 burst, targeting array, disrup pod, multitracker.
2 broadsides w/targeting arrays, team leader w/target lock, 2 gun drones
2 broadsides w/targeting arrays, team leader w/target lock, 2 gun drones

Something like that lol.

His list was

HQ
Librarian- jump pack, shield and sword

Elites
2 Priests- jump packs

Troops
10 Assualt Marines- 2 meltas, fist
10 Assualt Marines- 2 meltas, fist
10 Assualt Marines- 2 meltas, fist
10 Assualt Marines- 2 meltas, fist
5 Assualt Marines- 1 melta, fist

(I think 1 or 2 of these squads had power weapons but it didn't matter)

Fast Attack
5 vanguard- Jump Packs, 2 power weapons, 1 power fist, 3 sotrm shields

Heavy
5 Devestaters- 4 missiles
5 Devestaters- 4 missiles
5 Devestaters- 4 missiles

The mission was spearhead table quarters with objectives secondary.

I won the roll for first and was terrified of him blitzing me so I took it. This eventually screwed me in the end, but it's better than being screwed in the begining I suppose.

I deployed keeping everything close but spreading out as much as possible, as I didn't want him deep striking in my deployment zone. He deployed his devestaters in cover and elected everyone else deep striking. My kroot infilrated to centerfield and spread out.

I shot up his devestaters for 2 turns while he was waiting for his reserves. There were 3 devestaters left by the end of my 2 turns.

He rolled for deepstrike and got his entire army on thanks to the reroll. They didn't have mny good places to go so they hung out behind the los blocking hill in the middle of the table. His vanguard deep struck by 2 squads of kroot, multicharged them and made 5 out of 5 saves and swept both squads. He forgot to shoot his 3 missiles but I allowed him to after the assualt phase, then he proceeded to blow up a devilfish that was sneaking into 1 of his quarters.

On my turn I ran away from the middle as fast as possible, then I shot at his vanguar who must passed 20/25 saves but they did eventually all go down. I also shot at his 5 man assualt squad that did not have feel no pain. My fire warriors from the devilfish moved deeper into his quarter where they hoped they would be ignored since killing them would mean going the opposite direction of my army.

Sime decided o play the mission on this one and jumped his 10 mas assualt squad over to the fire warriors and killed them. He did make the mistake of keeping them out of FNP range. At some point he also killed the 3rd kroot squad. For the most part he chilled out behind the hill.

I then shot everything at his 10 man squad outside of FNP range sinc eit had just killed my fire warriors. I managed to kill all of them.

Simon didn't really do muchon his turn 4, but he strung out a ten man assualt squad with a priest and libby to hold 2 objectives at once.

I moved a dron from a wrecked piranah in to constest the center objective. He was on my side of the hill so if Simon killed him he would bring himself into LOS.

On Simon's turn he didn't take the drone that was bait, mainly because he forgot it was there lol, and just hung out.

The game ended, 2-2 quarters, 2-1 objectives (since I only had 1 troop choice left. It was a good game, and although Simon felt bad about not really playing it I had fun. He's a great guy and a good friend to joke around with.

I'm 1-1 but I still have a shot at making top bracket.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, battle reports! Simon's a great dude; and he always brings pretty girls. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOA is a really tough match-up for Tau armies. You did surprisingly well. Good job. I am normally tabled by turn 4 against them.

    ReplyDelete